Take one of the lines below for your opening line, another for your closing line, and fill in the blanks between.
For an extra challenge (or if free choice has not provided you with inspiration) use the random number generator.
- The zepplins flashed amongst the clouds
- The glitter of the gems on her necklace caught his eye
- Her silken red hair fanned across the starched white pillow
- They didn’t care for the land, they only cared for the gold
- The moss on the lee side of the rock was an omen only she could decipher
- The only witness was the mouse peering from its hole in the wall
- Each cough my daughter made tore at my heart
- The poison gleamed purple on the floor
- Bright eyes watched from the shadows
- The wind tore at their hair relentlessly
- I couldn’t decide what was worse, the smell or the pain
- The town was evacuated
I’d love to hear if this inspires you. You can even link to where ever you publish the work in the links below for us to check out